What will NO longer be supported (in both online and on premises version)
- Windows XP. No support for even the CRM Web application nor for the Outlook client.
- Microsoft Office 2003
- Email Router will not support :
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 for email routing and tracking.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 WebDAV protocol for email routing and tracking.
What will NO longer be supported (for on premises version only)
- Internet Explorer 7
- Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services to run Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
- Windows 2000 Server Active Directory forest and domain levels
Changes in the Dynamics CRM SDK
- Removal of the 2007 Endpoint and Legacy Features
- With the release of Dynamics CRM 2011, the 2007 Service extensions was deprecated. Now with the next major release the support of 2007 service extensions would be dropped.
- The following Dynamics CRM 4 features would be dropped
- ISV folder support for custom web applications
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 plug-ins
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client-side scripting
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 custom workflow activities
Changes to the Document Object Model (DOM)
Removal of Some Ribbon Controls
- The following ribbon controls are no longer supported and will not work in the next major release:
Customization using DropDown control should be converted to use the FlyoutAnchor control instead.
Customization using MRUSplitButton control should be converted to use the SplitButton control instead.
Microsoft Lync presence will not be supported on the updated user interface entity forms and in Activity Feeds. Lync will be present in grids and subgrids.
Removal of Workplace and Personalization Options for New Customers
- In the next release, the Workplace area in the navigation will NOT be available for all new organizations. However, organizations upgrading from Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online will retain their existing workplace areas but users will no longer have the option to personalize what is displayed there within the Personal Options. Whatever personal option settings people had at the time of the upgrade will persist.
Duplicate Detection during Record Create and Update Operations Not Supported
- Duplicate detection during create and update operations will not be supported for Microsoft Dynamics CRM updated user interface entities. Duplicate detection of individual records won’t be supported for custom entities as well. However, to detect duplicates in bulk, we could use the BulkDetectDuplicatesRequest message and the RetrieveDuplicatesRequest message.